How to Get Ice Off Your Windshield
Grand Island drivers know how tedious, time-consuming, and cold scraping ice can be. Fortunately, there are better ways to get the ice off your windshield fast, so you can get back into your cozy warm Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and on the road to Hastings.
How to Get Ice Off Your Windshield Without a Scraper
There are several methods Grand Island drivers can use to remove ice without a scraper. These work best if you have a little time to kill:
- Run the Defroster: Warming your car and letting the heat from the defroster do its work is the easiest way to clear all your windows – but it is time-consuming.
- Cover it the Night Before: Using a tarp or commercial windshield cover can prevent ice from forming on your windshield in the first place. When you’re ready to go in the morning, just remove it and head out.
- Add Deicer to Your Washer Fluid: Special products such as commercial deicers and even rubbing alcohol can be added to your windshield washer fluid for easy ice removal on demand.
Using Deicer Properly
Whether you make your own deicer or buy a commercial product from your local Lexington parts house, using it right is important if you hope for it to work:
- Avoid Vinegar Solutions: Homemade vinegar deicer can eat into your windshield and cause permanent damage to the glass.
- Try a Saltwater Solution: Saltwater can dissolve the ice quickly, but like vinegar, it can damage glass and corrode metal if overused.
- Stock Up on Rubbing Alcohol: A 2:1 alcohol solution will melt ice quickly without damage to your vehicle.
- Go Commercial: Several products are available in local Lexington variety stores and can come in handy if you find your windows frozen after work.
- Clean Up Quickly: Regardless of the solution you’ve used, you’ll need to clean it and the ice off the car quickly before it has a chance to damage your paint or re-freeze.
Don’t forget to clean off your hood while you’re at it to prevent ice from breaking loose and damaging your windshield or blocking your view when driving.
How to Get Ice Off Your Windshield Fast
Separately, any of the above methods will be effective but used together, they can have your windshield clear in a matter of minutes. This is good news, because according to Nebraska law, it’s illegal to drive with your view impeded, so you’ll want to clear all the windows while you’re at it.
Rely on Midway CDJR for Service and Maintenance!
To schedule an appointment, or to take advantage of the special coupons available from our service center to help you get ready for frigid winter driving, contact the service department at Midway CDJR today. We’re just a trip from North Platte.
Recent Posts from Midway CDJR
Want a family-friendly SUV with powerful performance specs and off-road capability? Look to the 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which you can find at Midway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram! With four engine options to choose, as well as a variety of configurations, the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity reaches up to 7,200 pounds. Find out more about the towing capabilities…
The perfect blend of form and functionality, the interior of the 2019 Jeep Cherokee offers Hastings drivers an array of amenities and space to help make the daily drive easier. Drivers can expect cutting-edge technology features as well as ample cargo and passenger space, ensuring a comfortable and convenient ride along Lexington roads. See what…
Challenger Inventory Contact Us The 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat top speed is bound to impress drivers in the Grand Island area. The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 0-60 MPH times prove that this model was designed with ultimate performance in mind. If you have a need for speed, take a closer look at the Dodge Challenger SRT…