How Long Does It Take to Detail a Car?
Depending on how thorough the car detailing job is, Grand Island drivers can expect to wait from 30 minutes up to an entire business day for their car to be detailed. Of course, there are a lot of variables to take into consideration, including how dirty the vehicle is, the size of the vehicle, and how thorough you want the detail to be.
How to Detail Your Car
If you’d rather not pay for experts around Grand Island to detail your car, you can do the work yourself.
- Start on the outside, using cleaners remove dead bugs, road debris, tar, and other detritus first to avoid scratching the paint.
- Next, give it a good wash with a soft mitt and specially formulated auto wash soap. If necessary, use a soft bristled toothbrush to clean around emblems, trim, and in between panels.
- Hand dry, then use glass cleaner to remove the spots from the windows. Run a clay bar carefully across the panels and glass to remove any additional dirt you missed.
- Using a stiffer brush and your tire cleaner, scrub your wheels and tires, removing road dirt and brake dust for a more finished look.
- Finish with carefully applied car wax for a sparkling shine that will last.
Car Interior Detailing
Start by vacuuming up any stray food, dirt, or debris inside the vehicle, especially under the seats and remove the trash. Use canned air to blast dirt out of crevices to make sucking it all up easier.
Wooden skewers or cotton swabs can help with anything stuck in those tight spaces and, when cleaning solution is applied, can give your cup holders and console a like-new look.
For vents, carefully press silly putty into the openings, pulling it out slowly. This will remove dust and dirt without your forcing tools inside.
Foaming cleaners can be found in variety stores from Holdrege to North Platte and work well to remove stains from your carpet and upholstery, without getting things too wet.
Where Can I Find Car Detailing Near Me?
While you can find detailing shops most anywhere, and mobile services will come to your workplace for a fee, the best detailing services can be found at service departments like Midway CDJR. We offer skilled technicians, a secure garage to protect your vehicle from the elements, Mopar parts, and coupons to help you save more on the services you need. To learn more or to schedule your appointment now, contact a representative today.
Related Posts from Midway CDJR
Here at Midway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, some Grand Island drivers have asked us, “What does a serpentine belt do?” Well, our service and parts experts are here to give you the rundown: a serpentine belt is a component in your vehicle’s engine that powers the steering pump, alternator, air conditioning compressor, and more. Just like any mechanical part in…
When you’re in the market for new parts for your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or RAM vehicle, it can be tempting to save a few bucks by purchasing aftermarket parts from a secondhand retailer. Of course, saving money is important for any Grand Island driver. But Mopar OEM parts offer advantages that the aftermarket alternatives can’t match,…
Depending on how thorough the car detailing job is, Grand Island drivers can expect to wait from 30 minutes up to an entire business day for their car to be detailed. Of course, there are a lot of variables to take into consideration, including how dirty the vehicle is, the size of the vehicle, and how…